DeathRiskRankings.org calculates your risk of dying in the next year and allows you to compare that risk to others in the world. Click here to begin.
Compare death risks across
- Causes of death
- Race (US only)
- US States
- European countries
- Calculates the risk of dying in the next year using MicroMorts (a one-in-a-million chance of dying). See the Tutorial for more information.
- Displays risk rankings for up to 66 causes of death.
- Provides for easy and direct comparisons.
- Estimates of the number of people that die for a specific group.
Provides answers to important health-care questions
- How do death rates between the US and Europe compare?
- How do causes of death change with age?
- How different are the risks of dying between men and women?
- How different are the risks of dying between blacks and whites in the US?
Not sure what to do?
If you are unsure how to get started making death comparisons, see the set of tutorials.
Want more information?
If you want more information about this project, you might be interested in:
- The source of the underlying data.
- Our calculations on the underlying data.
- Why this tool was created.
- How to contact us.
- Websites for other death calculators.
It is important to remember that though the interface on this website allows for quick exploration and easy comparison of causes of death; it does not provide information as to why these differences exist. To answer those questions, medical researchers, health psychologists, and accident specialists will have to be consulted.
- Dude Ranch
- Ben and Jerry’s renames ice cream Hubby Hubby in celebration of gay marriage
- Announcement on LeAnn Rimes web site announces divorce. Mis-spells husband’s name.
- Wal-Mart Shopper Slaps Crying Child In The Face
- Microsoft to push mandatory Windows Live Messenger upgrade
- Salesforce Launches $9 Per Month Lightweight Contact Manager For Small Businesses
- Netsuite for iPhone available in the iTunes App Store
- MIS Group offers employees their computers for $200 – apologizes for that little misunderstanding about the health insurance expiring
- Whitney Houston loses voice, cracks through Central Park ‘GMA’ concert – then blames Oprah
- Yankee playoff tickets actually cheaper than regular season